A guide for parents/carers and students
Dear Parent/ Carer,
We are delighted to be able to further enhance our home learning resources for students.
Students' knowledge and understanding in subject areas is vital to enable them to achieve academic excellence.
Therefore from 21st September we are able to allow students to access the same lesson resources that they would have if they were in the classroom.
Students will be able to access:
- Do Now retrieval tasks
- Lesson content/knowledge
- Tasks to complete to demonstrate their understanding
- Knowledge organisers that contain the essential knowledge all students should know
- Homework that includes: reading, low stakes quizzes, knowledge organiser revision and deeper extended writing / problem solving tasks. We are now supporting our students by offering a timetable of lessons that Year 7-11 can access
Students have also been signposted to other learning sites that can support them.
All students will be able to follow their personalised timetables as though they were at school to help them keep a good routine and continue to learn.
In the next few weeks, students will be able to access live lessons through use of Microsoft Teams. We will update you on this shortly.
If you have not already done so, could you please complete the remote learning survey you have been sent so that we can continue to do everything to support all of our students to achieve.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The contact details of Key Curriculum Staff are here so that students and parents can request support or additional resources should this be required, and I know that many of you have already made good use of this channel of communication.
- YouTube channel - Free Science Lessons
- YouTube channel - Primrose Kitten
History and Geography
- BBC Teach: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/secondary/zkqp47h
- Cool Geography: http://www.coolgeography.co.uk/
- KS3 Geography: https://www.3dgeography.co.uk/
- Map Zone: https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/mapzone
- Year 7 History: https://www.ducksters.com/history/
- BBC History for Kids: https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/forkids/
- TES home schooling: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources-legacy/teacher-essentials/home-learning/secondary
- Useful Websites for Languges: open PDF here