We serve a wide choice of food and drinks in the school canteen which opens at 8.30am each morning for Breakfast Club. This environment allows students to benefit from a positive nutritional balance supporting a healthy lifestyle, and meals are served that reflect the cultural, medical and dietary needs of our students.
As part of the new arrangements for September, Year 7 will have lunch at 12.05 – 12.35pm and will be the only year group in the canteen at this time.
Am I eligible for Free School Meals?
You may be able to claim Free School Meals if, as a parent, you receive financial support from the government.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
You can apply for Free School Meals online using this link:
We would encourage you to take up your entitlement to Free School Meals if you are eligible.
Find the latest school dinner menus and prices on our website here: www.birkenheadparkschool.com/parents/catering