Employer Careers Information
Employers play a huge role in the development of young people, by ensuring they have the right skills, qualifications and mindset to make our future economy and businesses stronger than before.
We are keen to work with local employers who would like to help support our school and make a difference in our young peoples lives.
We welcome support from employers with:
- Guest speaker talks and presentations
- Delivery of small parts of curriculum content
- The development of curriculum resources / lesson plans.
- Workplace visits
- Hands on workshops
- Work Experience
- Representation at parents evenings and careers fairs
- Mock Interviews
What Next Fair?
Every year, we hold a careers fair for all students from Years 7-11. This gives students an opportunity to see employment opportunities and post-16 pathways available in the local area. The What Next? Fair aims to helps to:
- Provide access to higher education providers and employers who can offer information and guidance to students regarding their futures.
- Help students think about their career options in the future
- Raise students awareness of learning opportunities available to them
- Show students the different pathways they can take including academic and vocational routes
If you would like any more information on how to support our school or to attend our What Next Fair? Please contact
Laura Critchlow (Careers Lead) firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris Edwards (Student Engagement Co-ordinator) email@example.com
Enterprise Adviser - Peter Russell
Peter is an old boy of the school, who went on to study for an engineering degree.
As a Birkenhead lad, he spent 25 years in manufacturing, HR and general management in the food & drink and plastics sectors,
before becoming a career coach and creating a technical recruitment business with his son 17 years ago.
Today, as chairman of the Russell Taylor Group he is very active in supporting Young Chamber on Wirral and in Cheshire.