The headteacher Mrs Johnson recently shared some changes that we will be implementing to the school day. From September 2020, the school week will look like the following:
- Students are expected to be in school for 8.30am
- The school day will end at 3pm for students every day
- The number of teaching periods per week will be 25
- There will be 5 teaching periods per day
- Tutor time will move from the end of the day and will take place immediately after lunch from 1.30 – 2.00pm
The following will remain unchanged from the current 19/20 school year:
- Lessons start at the current time of 8.35am
- Two-week timetable will remain in place
- Every lesson 1 hour
- School/Breakfast club opens at 7.45am
- Break and lunchtime will be at 10.35am and 12.55pm every day (including Friday)
The reasons for these changes reflect where we are as a school on our journey of improvement. We are seeing the impact of our newly designed curriculum and our relentless focus on high quality teaching that was recognised positively by OFSTED during our recent inspection visit.
We are delighted that these changes mean that we will still be in a position to maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students. Our key stage 3 curriculum will still cover all of the academic subjects plus a full offer of performing arts, PE, PSHE and Character for all students.
The new school day/week is below for your reference. This will operate for all students from September 2020. Bus providers have been consulted and are aware of the new timings of the school day.