Free School Meals
You may be able to claim Free School Meals if, as a parent, you receive financial support from the government.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
You can apply for Free School Meals online using this link: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-wirral
We would encourage you to take up your entitlement to Free School Meals if you are eligible.