Free School Meals
Did you know that by registering for Free School Meals your child not only has the opportunity to enjoy a free school meal, but they could also be entitled to a substantial reduction in the cost of some residential visits, after school activities and school holiday activities?
Am I eligible for Free School Meals?
If as a parent/carer/guardian you receive one of the following, you may be able to claim for Free School Meals.
- Income Support (IS) or
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (BJSA), or
- Guaranteed Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax Credit with a total annual taxable income of less than £16,190 and are NOT receiving Working Tax Credit, or
- Have successfully obtained asylum status, or
- People who claim Employment and Support Allowance income
- People who claim Universal Credit
Grants for school uniforms are no longer available. If you are a foster carer, and receiving a fostering allowance, you are not eligible to claim Free School Meals for those children you are fostering. You can submit a claim over the phone by contacting the call centre on 0151 606 2002 or by completing an application form which can be collected from any One-Stop-Shop. All application forms must be returned to any One-Stop-Shop.
I hope you find this information helpful and I would encourage you to take up your entitlement to Free School Meals if you are eligible.
Further details and a form can be obtained from:
Children and Young Peoples Department
Tel: 0151 666 4325